Presidents update 18-9-20
G'day to all our stonecat people!
I had a President's meeting last night, the MPCA is putting together a pathway to play cricket. At this stage nothing is set in stone and is subject to change.
However, the following are what the MPCA is aiming for:
* Starting date for senior cricket 14th November
* 14 One day games (40 overs per side at this stage)
* Firsts and seconds - first 7 games with red ball played in whites, second 7 games played with white ball in coloured clothing - the main reason is that Kookaburra cannot guarantee supply of white balls for all competitions around Melbourne.
* Lower grades will play one dayers with red balls as per previous seasons.
* January 28 is the latest we can start with a 7-game season.
* Twenty20 comps - Norm Jardine Shield and Jack Peacock Cup are still on the backburner- Leagues have been told to focus on home and away seasons first.
* Juniors will start shortly after the senior season as per usual.
The committee and coaches are now focused on being ready to go for November 14 - if that date is to change, we will change plans accordingly. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in contacting me. As Melbourne focuses in on beating COVID our club can be a point of call where we can all once again socialise off the field and continue to be successful on the field. We finished last season with such positivity, let's show the MPCA we are also a resilient lot that are going to make our mark on District Cricket!
Catch you all at Peninsula Reserve in the not distant future!